Accessibility statement for TB-Ed
This accessibility statement applies to the e-Learning website TB-Ed. TB-Ed is run by the Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association (TBA). The TBA strives to ensure that TB-Ed is as accessible as possible with the following design and functionality features included to increase usability:
1. Compatibility – TB-Ed is compatible with major internet browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari. The TB-Ed website is designed to be responsive so that in addition to desktop use, the screen adapts for use on Apple iPhones (6/7/8/SE/11/XS) Apple iPad (9.7,10.2), and Samsung Galaxy smartphone (S9/S20+).
2. Hyperlinks - to other website pages or downloadable materials are highlighted/underlined to indicate associated resources.
3. Downloadable materials - are available as Adobe PDF files. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access them. Adobe Acrobat reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe website.
4. Text – all text is written as clearly as possible, with language appropriate to the content of the course and level of learning.
a. The main font used on the site, a sans serif type, has been selected for ease of reading.
b. Abbreviations are explained in the first instance, with the abbreviation to follow. For e.g ‘Thoroughbred Breeders’ Association (TBA).
The TBA today released information….’ Unless the abbreviation is in common usage, eg UK, EU.
c. Headings and sub headings are used to show structure and help screen readers. Text can be resized using browser settings.
5. Colour – the brand colours selected for use on the site have been tested for accessibility using Google Lighthouse software.
6. Navigation aids – are consistent across the site.
7. Videos - a copy of video text can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulty accessing content on the site please contact us.
8. Feedback – we welcome your feedback on your experience with TB-Ed. Email us at email@example.com with any questions or comments you have.
30 April 2021